9 first search results for "Cholla Cactus", from $8.99 to $29.99
- Cane Cholla Cactus or tree cholla (Cylindropuntia imbricata) is often conspicuous because of its shrubby or even tree-like size, its silhouette, and its long-lasting yellowish fruits. The above-ground part consists of of a number of succulent, cylindrical segments (joints) about 2-3 cm in diameter.
- These segments grow mostly end to end and possess areoles which contain glochids (very small, detachable barbed bristles) adjacent to the longer spines. Long spines possess papery detachable sheath. Leaves occur at the base of are-oles and are usually not seen on mature segments as they are shed early.
- A typical height is about 1 m, but exceptionally it can grow to 4.6 m with a "trunk" diameter of 25 cm. Flowers and fruit form within or near areoles on upper stem segments. Flowers vary through shades or dark pink and purple with a boss of yellow stamens and bright white stigmas, and is said to be a shy bloomer until it reaches 60 cm tall.
- This plant may live 20 years or more when well pleased with its environment. In addition to the typical species (var. imbricata), two varieties are recognized from West Texas: var. argentea with silvery spines, and var. arborescens, which is taller.
- You will receive : 20 seeds
Category:Lawn & Patio
- Three pieces of Cholla Wood.
- 100% Natural and Organic.
- 4 inches long, 0.5 - 1.5 inch diameter.
- Great for aquarium decorations, mounting plants or moss.
- Attracts biofilm which is the main food source for shrimp.
- Packet contains (10) fresh seeds.
- Buy two get one FREE!
- Detailed sowing instructions included with your purchase.
- Guaranteed true to species.
- Sold and shipped from USA.
Category:Lawn & Patio
- REAL CHOLLA CACTUS WOOD: Bundle of 4 large pieces, each at least 5 inches in length. Natural sinking decoration for aquariums / creative mount display / DIY crafts.
- DRIED AND CLEAN: Thorn-free, chemical-free, sinkable, and ready for tank use out of the box. You can also boil the wood to remove excess tannins first.
- NATURAL WATER TREATMENT: Produces ideal water conditions for acidic loving animals. Lowers and buffers pH; perfect for lowering pH gently and naturally.
- HOME DECORATION: Creative decorative ideas including: air plant holder, wall mounted ornament, hanging centerpiece, succulent planter accents.
- TANK / TERRARIUM USE: Great for anchoring moss and planting plant buds. Provides a hiding place for small freshwater animals, a trunk for a bird to perch, or a sheltered log cove for a pet reptile.
Vendor: Aquatic Arts LLC
- Perfect Hide-out
- Very natural look and feel
- Copied from nature
- Sustainable alternative to the real cactus
- Medium measures 3.3" x 7.7" (8.5 x 19.5 cm)
Vendor: Exo Terra
- ✔ SAFE HIDING SPOT FOR BABY SHRIMP --- Fish, fry and particularly adventure loving shrimp benefit greatly from the addition of SunGrow Cholla Wood pieces to their tanks. They love to swim around or camp out in intriguing, perforated wood pieces. The cholla wood is hollowed out so that baby shrimp and other smaller species have a safe and secure hiding spot when they are molting or feeling vulnerable.
- ✔ LONG TERM NATURAL FOOD SOURCE --- A smart choice for any conscientious pet owner, the attractive and multi-functional SunGrow Cholla Wood pieces are more than just a decoration or climbing or chew toy. The healthy cholla wood is also a natural food source that lasts for years. Microorganisms and biofilm that grow on the wood provide shimps, fish, snails and other pets with additional nutrition. Eventually, the wood will break down and disintegrate on its own.
- ✔ HEALTHY, NUTRITIONAL CHEW TOY --- Aquatic and terrestrial pets alike enjoying chewing on the soft, nutritional cholla wood pieces from SunGrow. After they arrive and are properly quarantined, the cholla cactus husks are ready to be placed into an underwater habitat with pleco, glo fish and shrimp or in a dry terrarium or cage for guinea pigs, chinchillas or hamsters. The wood even works as a pecking toy for pet birds like parakeets and cockatiels.
- ✔ ORGANICALLY GROWN & DRIED, 100% SAFE --- As the dried husk of a naturally grown Cholla cactus, these organic woods are free from any trace of pesticides, chemicals or other potentially harmful substances. Keeping the safety of your pets in mind, the cholla wood is thorn-free, has no sharp edges and gets softer the longer it stays in your tank, cage or aquarium. Please note that "If you have fishes that could go inside the hole and stuck, you can put some pebbles or plants to seal the holes"
- ✔ BEAUTIFUL AQUARIUM DECORATION --- Since the 3 pieces of cholla wood from SunGrow are organically grown, each 6" x 1" (15cm x 2.5cm) piece has it's own knots and bends. The slightly different appearance makes them a unique and beautiful decoration for your aquarium, water decoration or shrimp tank. PREPARATION: Before placing the product in the aquarium, rinse before use, even after boiling or soaking. A "post-boil soak" in fresh water with a bag of activated carbon is a recommended step, too.
Vendor: Marimo Pet Store
- Aquarium safe
- Cactus skeleton
- Reptile safe
Vendor: Pisces USA
- NATURAL CHOLLA WOOD | Fertilizer and Pesticide Free | Completely safe for all our animal friends
- Great for Shrimp tanks, tying moss to, great for Hermit Crabs
- Small Shrimp and Fry will enjoy swimming in and around. Excellent hiding places for vulnerable babies.
- This Cholla wood has been cleaned and sustainably sourced. It is also sourced from a pesticide free location. Boiling prior to use will help increase rate at which the wood will sink
Vendor: NilocG Aquatics
- ✔ ALL NATURAL CHOLLA WOOD --- SunGrow Natural Cholla Wood is the dried husk of the Cholla cactus. No live cacti are cut for our cholla wood. Each pack contains 3 pieces, each 5 inches long with a hollowed centre. Simply soak for 24 to 48 hours and it'll sink to the bottom of the tank.
- ✔ FOR PLAYING AND HIDING --- Small shrimps, fry and fishes enjoy swimming through and hiding in the Cholla Wood. They find it both entertaining and safe.
- ✔ FOR CHEWING AND ADDITIONAL NUTRITION --- Larger fishes and hermit crabs sometimes chew on Cholla Wood or eat the microorganisms that grow on Cholla Wood. Reptiles, hamsters, birds and other small pets also enjoy using Cholla Wood as a safe chew toy.
- ✔ 100% NATURAL AND SAFE --- SunGrow Natural Cholla Wood is all natural, guaranteed organic, pesticide free, thorn-free and chemical-free. It is safe for all pets. Shrimp, fry, pleco, hermit crabs, fishes, even reptiles and birds love Cholla wood. PREPARATION: Before placing the product in the aquarium, rinse before use, even after boiling or soaking. A "post-boil soak" in fresh water with a bag of activated carbon is a recommended step, too.
- ✔ DECORATIVE FOR YOUR PLANTS AND CRAFTS --- Cholla Wood is used to enhance the appearance of potted plant and flora. Their naturally rustic surfaces are coveted for crafts. Hobbyists often use these for making candle-holders or for simply decorating a photo frame.
Vendor: Luffy Pets Collection